Our camps provide a new and fascinating alternative to sports-themed camps and other school-break activities for children aged between 7 and 12 years old. If your child is a curious explorer with a thirst for knowledge about their past, why not let them try the School of Irish Archaeology? Our camps are run all year round, and they introduce children to the mysteries and adventures of our past in a fun, practical and hands-on way.
We use an ‘Indiana Jones’ approach to ensure your children get lots of time outdoors. As well as taking part in excavations and exciting treasure hunts.
COVID-19 Operating Procedures and Guidelines:
Due to the COVID-19 government restrictions we have had to alter the format of our camps. We intend to adhere to and follow the guidelines and measures in-line with public health restrictions.
- Parents will dropped and pick up children at the door of reception and their waiting supervisor will bring them into the hall area.
- They will sanitise or wash their hands and will be socially distanced and advised to maintain the same distance.
- A COVID-19 Presentation at the start of the camp will be carried out with all children in order for us to provide and operate a safe working environment.
- Children will come prepared to with there own lunch and drinks.
- We will operate a one way system through the hall and the participants will carry out all camp workshops outdoors.
- Sanitiser stations and hand-washing facilities will be available throughout the camp.
- Camp staff will be trained with in accordance to COVID-19 related matters.
- We ask that Parents/Guardians to arrive no earlier than 5 mins before camp and return no sooner than 5 mins before end of class. This is to avoid social gatherings in the Car Park.
- Parents/Guardians will need to sign and present a COVID-19 form to SIA before the commencement of our camps.
- Parents/Guardians should not book their children into the camps if they or their children have come in contact with a person with COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the camp.
- Parents/Guardians will not hold SIA liable in the case their children contracting COVID-19 during one of our camps.
- Parents/Guardians need to understand there is a risk within the community even with the government guidelines and that these guidelines do not ensure or prevent your child/children from contracting COVID-19 at SIA camps.
- Parents/Guardians must take full responsibility for the care, safety and health of their child/children in regards to informing them and safeguarding them from COVID-19.
- If you feel there is a risk to your child/children contracting COVID-19 and it is a concern to you, please do not book into SIA camps.
- You must agree to SIA’s terms and conditions in order to book a place in our camps. These terms and conditions are considering a binding contract.
- If you have any concerns with regards to SIA’s COVID-19 operating procedures or terms or conditions then please contact us at email@example.com.
- Viking House Excavation
- Clay Pot Making
- Historical Treasure Hunts
- Archaeology Excursions
- Visit to Real life Archaeology Dig
- Historical Shoe Making
- Archaeology Games
- The Graveyard Experience
- Post & Wattle Fence Making
We have a team of qualified and very experienced teachers and archaeologists who have worked on numerous excavations throughout Ireland. Our staff are fully Garda vetted, friendly, outgoing and have lots of experience when working with children.
The friendly environment and relaxing atmosphere of the summer camp allows the children to enjoy this unique experience by participating within groups, carrying out archaeological tasks and solving puzzles in a fun and creative manner.