Our Junior Archaeologists’ Club takes place at Clane GAA, every Tuesday starting from the 22nd February to the 26th April. There are 8 weeks of workshops available. Please check all dates listed below before booking.
Our after-school club provides a new and fascinating alternative to sports-themed clubs and other after-school activities for children. This specific after-school programme is ideal for children aged 6 +. If your child is a curious explorer with a thirst for knowledge about their past, why not let them delve into the fascinating world of archaeology? Our clubs are run during the school-term, and they introduce children to the mysteries and adventures of our past in a fun, practical and hands-on way.
We use an ‘Indiana Jones’ approach to ensure your child gets a balance of time, outdoors and indoors. As well as taking part in excavations and exciting activities, children will also arrive home with an abundance of new and quirky knowledge about their ancient ancestors past.
22nd Feb| 1st March| 8th March| 15th March| 22nd March| 29th March| 5th April| 26th April|
2.50pm – 3.50pm
This event is best suited to children aged 6 +.
- Viking House Excavation
- Clay Pot Making
- Historical Quest and Tours
- Ancient Crafts & Technologies
- Ancient Textiles and Weaving
- Medieval Weaponry
- Viking Runes
- Environmental Archaeology
- Analysing and Processing
We have a team of qualified and very experienced teachers and archaeologists who have worked on numerous excavations throughout Ireland. Our staff are mature, friendly, outgoing and have lots of experience when working with children – SIA staff are fully Garda Vetted.
The friendly environment and relaxing atmosphere of the junior archaeologists club allows the children to enjoy this unique experience by participating within groups, carrying out archaeological tasks and solving puzzles in a fun and creative manner.
COVID-19 Operating Procedures and Guidelines:
Due to the COVID-19 government restrictions we have had to alter the format of our Afterschool Club. We intend to adhere to and follow the guidelines and measures in-line with the public health restrictions.
The health and wellbeing of our afterschool club children and staff is paramount. We have implemented COVID-19 prevention and control measures to minimise risk to workers and the children attending our Afterschool Club.
- Parents will drop their children at our designated entrance of the facility where a member of our team and the children’s supervisor will be waiting for them. Location will be advised before the club starts.
- All children will be supervised and brought to the afterschool club.
- Children will sanitise or wash their hands and will be socially distanced and advised to maintain the same distance.
- A COVID-19 induction at the start of the camp will be carried out with all children for us to provide and operate a safe working environment.
- We will operate a one-way system through the facility and to all our activities whether they are indoors or outdoors.
- Sanitiser stations and hand-washing facilities will be available throughout the club.
- Camp staff will be trained with in accordance to COVID-19 related matters and will all have a COVID Compliance Cert.
- We ask that Parents/Guardians to arrive no earlier than 5 mins before camp and return no sooner than 5 mins before end of class. This is to avoid social gatherings in the Car Park.
- Children will be brought to the exit area at the end of the class and we ask for parents not to be late in order to ensure we do not have people gathering outside.
- Parents/Guardians will need to sign and present a COVID-19 form to SIA before the commencement of our club.
- Parents/Guardians should not book their children into the club if they or their children have come in contact with a person with COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the club.
- Parents/Guardians will not hold SIA liable in the case their children contracting COVID-19 during one of our club.
- Parents/Guardians need to understand there is a risk within the community even with the government guidelines and that these guidelines do not ensure or prevent your child/children from contracting COVID-19 at SIA club.
- Parents/Guardians must take full responsibility for the care, safety, and health of their child/children regarding informing them and safeguarding them from COVID-19.
- If you feel there is a risk to your child/children contracting COVID-19 and it is a concern to you, please do not book into SIA club.
- You must agree to SIA’s terms and conditions to book a place in our club. These terms and conditions are considering a binding contract.
- If you have any concerns with regards to SIA’s COVID-19 operating procedures or terms or conditions, then please contact us at email@example.com.
- We may have to alter the club format at any time to adhere to changes made by government and their guidelines.